Sunday, June 12, 2011

Glee-Cap

Okay so wow, it's been a busy few days!  I wanted to review the Glee concert I went to last week, but then it was the last week of school and the kids were cra-to-the-zy and before I knew it, over a week had past and I STILL had not posted a Glee-Cap!  Whew!  How was that for a run-on sentence?  Anyway, let's talk a little Glee Live!

So I got out of work early (woop! woop!) and took the lightrail downtown.  Let me take a second to remind you that I am a straight-out-of-suburbia kinda girl.  Have I ridden the lightrail before?  Absolutely!  Have I ridden it by myself?  HELL-TO-THE-NO!  I was a bit nervous!  I mean, what if I got mugged?  Or worse, missed my stop?!  Fortunately, other than having to wait for the next train (one pulled out of the station as I was walking up), I made it downtown with no mishaps! 

We decided to eat outside at a little restaurant/bar called Gluecks.  It was literally right outside of the Target Center which made for some very interesting people watching!  We quickly realized that we were going to be on the slightly older side of the crowd and proceeded to participate in happy hour full-force!  Don't judge, you would have too!  After a few drinks and dinner, we headed across the street for the show.

Our seats were incredibly disappointing.  I had known that we didn't have the best seats (we went for CHEAP!) but what I didn't realize was that there would only be ONE ROW behind us.  Still, we figured that with the screens, we'd be able to see just fine.  Well....that wasn't the case.  Unfortunately, the screens weren't the greatest.  Despite this, the concert was AWESOME!!!  It was so cool to be able to see the songs performed live (or mostly live....with some of the dancing that was going on, there is just no way it was live!). 

One of the most disappointing parts was that I had heard that Lea Michele was supposed to sing "Don't Rain On My Parade."  This is one of my absolute favorite songs and unfortunately, she didn't sing it.  Not sure why.  Other songs included in the show were:

1.  Don't Stop Believing
2.  Dog Days Are Over
3.  Sing
4.  I'm a Slave For You (KILLER DANCING!!!)
5.  Fat Bottomed Girls
6.  I Want To Hold Your Hand (Soooooo good live!  One of my Favs!)
7.  Ain't No Way
8.  PYT
9.  Born this Way (AWESOME!)
10.  Firework
11.  Teenage Dream
12.  Silly Love Songs
14.  Raise Your Glass (The Warblers were AMAZING!)
15.  Lucky
16.  River Deep, Mountain High (another awesome number!)
17.  Jesse's Girl
18.  Valerie
19.  Loser Like Me

Then.......the lights went on and I was sad that it was over.  But it wasn't!  The encore was probably the best part!  Chris Colfer did "Single Ladies" (which was so great!), the boys did "Friday" and Kevin McHale did "Safety Dance."  At that point, my roommate says, "he can walk?!?!"  Priceless.....pure gold!

Finally they finished with "Empire State of Mind" and my personal favorite, "Someone to Love."  Overall, the show was shorter than I expected but awesome!!!  I would totally go again, although next year, I'll spend the money to get better seats.

Here's a few pics.....

"Don't Stop Believing"

"Single Ladies"

The Warblers

I got some video too but the quality is horrible so I'm not going to post them.  All in all, a great show and a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment