Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Blizzard of '10

Hello from my warm and cozy couch located smack-dab in the middle of the great Minnesota blizzard!  Ohmiword is it snowing out!  For those of us old enough to remember the "blizzard of '91" (hey now, I was only six!) this is quickly starting to compare!  As of an hour ago, the airport had 14 inches of snow and has been closed.  All around the state, snow is accumulating, people are stuck indoors and MNdot is pulling plows OFF the roads.  You know it's bad when the plows aren't even working anymore! 



As for me, I've had to cancel my annual Christmas party, which was due to start at 7pm.  With friends having to drive an hour or so just to get here it just doesn't seem safe anymore.  I'm waaaaaay disappointed as we haven't all gotten together since this Halloween and I was totally looking forward to seeing everyone.  Did I mention that I had already purchased all the food and had about half of it already made?  Not that you need to worry about it going bad.....nope, Mal and I are more than willing to ensure that my money doesn't go to waste!  Pretty sure we've been eating all day!

I made Oreo Snowballs which are pretty much the best ever!

I suppose the upside to all of this is I'm getting a MUCH NEEDED lazy day.  You know, the kind where you sit on the couch watching movies in your pjs all day.  Yep, one of those.  And I have to say, it is A.MAZ.ING!  I haven't had a day like this since.......well it's been so long I cannot even remember when I had one! 

Well, the movie Elf and a bottle of wine are calling my name. 
"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear!"

No comments:

Post a Comment