Monday, December 27, 2010

A Flurry of Activity!

Flurry....Get it?  'Cause of all the snow?!?!  Yes, I know.....not funny!

Seriously though, I cannot even begin to describe how busy the past couple weeks have been!  I realize that it's the holidays and it's a given that people will be busy but let me just say.....it's been a crazy couple of weeks!

Last weekend, I came home from babysitting the cutest twins ever to find my kitty had thrown up.  No big deal, this happens from time to time.  I cleaned it up and got ready for bed.  Well it turns out it WAS a big deal.....a VERY big deal.  We were up on the hour for the rest of the night because she was so sick.  By morning, she had vomitted about twenty-five times and once a piece of string came up.  Knowing that this wasn't a good thing, I got ready to take her in to kitty urgent care.  Thankfully, just before I was leaving, Bekah called and caught me and sent me to Innver Grove Heights where there was a vet open (read: cheaper).  The vet said she was dehydrated and that they were going to keep her overnight to monitor her.  I picked her up the next day, paid the hefty fee of $560 and thought to myself "momma's not getting those cute shoes for Christmas afterall!"


We got home and she immediately vomitted again and proceeded to continue vomitting in the middle of the night and twice the next morning.  Back to the vet we went where it was determined that she might have string in her stomach.  For those of you who don't know about cats and string, it's VERY dangerous!  The string acts like a saw and can cut through the intestines and bowel, eventually killing that cat.  Due to the potential string in her tummy, the vet decided to do emergency exploratory surgery.  Two very long hours later, the vet called and said there was indeed string in her tummy and had we not done this surgery, Chloe would have passed away by Christmas!  Instead, I got a Christmas miracle for the low, low price of $1,825.88

She got stitches AND 10 staples in her tummy



Next up, it was off to Christmas in Wisconsin.  This was our first Christmas at my parent's new Bed and Breakfast and it was a lot of fun!  Between shopping, decorating gingerbread houses, playing hide-and-seek (yes, we really did this!) and eating it was a fabulous weekend that ended far too quickly for my tastes! 



This gingerbread house took hours (literally!) to complete! :)


My little cutie in her Christmas outfit!

Now it's time to head back to work, work, work!  I'm a little sad that the holidays are over.  I really feel like they flew by too quickly and I didn't have the chance to enjoy them as much as I would have liked.  But as the saying goes, "there's always next year!"

Here's hoping you and your family had a wonderful Christmas as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment