Monday, February 7, 2011

Life Update.....

Well, after a weekend of soul-searching (and desperately trying to beat this cold) I have come to a realization:

I'm not quite ready to give up my dream of teaching.

So, with that being said, I'm no longer hunting for executive assistant or event planning jobs and I am back on the search for a teaching job.  Unfortunately, it is a bit early to begin looking for next year but I want to make sure I'm ready this year.  This weekend alone I have updated and redone my resume, reworked my basic template for a cover letter and looked for the best states to find a teaching job in.  I'll be honest:  it's not lookin' good.  Apparently with the economy the way it is, budget cuts are not being limited to midwest schools.  Rather, schools around the country are cutting back their teachers making the search that much more difficult.

But it doesn't matter because, quite simply, this year is going to be my year!  This year I will find a teaching job and I will be the best damn teacher there ever was!  So there! ha! :)

In all seriousness though, I'm starting to look out of state, which scares me to death, and I am wondering if anyone out there knows any states that are looking for elementary school teachers.  If so, help a girlfriend out! ;)

Oh and congrats to any Packer fans out there.  Personally, I was rooting for the Steelers but hey, I like Aaron Rodgers so it's all good. :)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment! Your blog is so cute. I'm going to follow. :) Good luck with the job search. I know it's hard but think positive!

    I also love the quote about Cinderella in your profile. It fits perfectly with your blog name.

    ReplyDelete