Monday, March 28, 2011

It's Monday.....and it's random! :)

Don't say I didn't warn you!

1.  We have deer in our backyard!  Five in fact and it is just about the coolest thing ever!  You would think I had never seen a deer before by how I react every single time if they appear.  I'm rushing to find my camera and tiptoeing out onto the deck to see if I can snap some good pictures.  My roommate just rolls her eyes and says "you city people!"  Whatev......I think they're cool! :)



2.  I got "surprise" money on Thursday last week.  I say surprise because I was expecting it but not until August.  Have ya'll ever filed for renter's credit before?  If not, I HIGHLY suggest it!  It's like receiving free money from the government!  Anywho, it's not supposed to come until August but apparently the state of Minnesota is trying to stay on top of things and sent it early!  Thank you Minnesota!  I'm sure you're wondering what I did with said money......well this girl headed off to the MOA on Saturday and SPENT some of it!  Is there anything prettier than the following picture?


3.  This morning did NOT start out the best for me!  (don't worry, it has since turned around).  Already running late (what else is new?!), I ran into my bedroom to finish getting dressed for work.  After throwing on pants, socks and shoes, I went to put on my shirt.  Thank goodness I glanced in the mirror because that's when I saw THIS:

I washed it this weekend and apparently this happened.  It's like this perfect circle of stickiness with lint all over it!  Any ideas of how to remove it would be greatly appreciated!

4.  Dancing with the Stars is on tonight!  Can't wait to settle down with a glass of vino and watch some dancing! :)

5.  I discovered this weekend that Diet Coke makes me break out.  And I mean bad!  It's like a full-blown teenager.  About a month ago I discovered a new affinity for diet coke and ironically, it was about that time that I started breaking out.  I tend to break out around the time of my monthly so at first I figured it was just that.  But after weeks of it not clearing up, I started to look at what I had changed in my life.  I never thought of diet coke because let's face it, who would automatically think of that?  Well this weekend it finally crossed my mind and I haven't drank the stuff since.  Surprise, surprise....my face is finally starting to clear up!  Apparently the aspartame in diet coke can cause break outs.  Who knew?  Anyway, it's back to Dr. Pepper and Cherry Pepsi for this girl!

6.  Check out these mini-giraffes!  Okay so my cousin sent this link out on facebook and I just had to click it to see if they were real!  Supposedly they aren't but these petite lap giraffes are still about the cutest things I have ever seen in my life and I wish they were real!  I love giraffes to begin with and pretty much anything in tiny version is amazing (well, except chocolate.....and money.....and okay, well any animal in miniature form).  But I love that you can watch them on the giraffe cam!  Real or not, you have to check them out! :)


And I think that is about the end of my random post!  I hope everyone had a good weekend!  Go make some dinner, pour yourself a glass of wine and settle in to watch a little DWTS.  I know that's what I'll be doing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment