Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sooooo, how've ya been???

Helloooooooo!!!!  Wow, it's been awhile since I've blogged!  It's not that I haven't wanted to......sometimes life just sorta gets in the way, ya know? 

Since I've last updated, I've won a blog award, spent four glorious days in Wisconsin with my family, gotten sick and realized just how much I hate housework! ;)  So let's start with the blog award and go from there!

A big thanks you to Kim from Pink, Pearls and Polka Dots for the Stylish Blogger Award!  I was so excited to see that I had won!  Make sure you check out her super-cute blog!


Here are the rules:
1. Link back and thank the person that gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 recently discovered blogs.
4. Contact them and tell them about their award.

Here we go!

1.  You know the book Confessions of a Shopoholic?  Yep, pretty sure that book was written about me.  I absolutely L.O.V.E to shop and I am a firm believer in the power of retail therapy!  I can also justify just about ANY purchase.  Did I mention that I live approximately 8 minutes away from the Mall of America?  :)

2.  I've always been sort of a 'problem-child' for my parents.  When I was little, I had ten seizures before the age of four believed to be caused by extremely bad ear infections.  Fortunately, I outgrew these and had three sets of tubes put in my ears to help with the ear infections.  I cannot even imagine how scary it must have been for my parents though to walk into a room and find me in the middle of a seizure!

3.  I have a cat named Chloe whom I absolutely ADORE!  My old roommate brought her home one day as a playmate for her other cat.  She quickly decided she didn't like Chloe though due to her 'spunk'.  I, on the other hand, fell in love with her.  When we parted ways as roommates she told me I could keep her and I cannot imagine life without her!  She recently got really sick and I thought I was going to lose her.  Fortunately, she got better and is back to being her 'full of life' self!

4.  If I had to choose two foods to live on for the rest of my life I would choose popcorn and mac & cheese hands down!  I'm a bit picky about my mac & cheese though.  It has to be Kraft brand and as crazy as this is, I love the shaped ones.  You know, the ones that look like Spongebob, Toy Story or Scooby-Doo characters.  I swear they taste different from the regular mac & cheese.  Don't judge me! :)

5.  I almost always have a 'to-do' list that I'm working on, though I call it my 'goals' list (that way, if I don't accomplish something, I don't feel quite as guilty!).  On busy days when I have a ton to get done, I'll add simple things like 'shower,' 'get dressed,' and 'put on makeup' to the list.  That way by the time I've finished getting ready for the day, I'll already have been able to cross off a bunch of things I need to do that day.  Crazy?  Probably, but I love the feeling of accomplishment when I get to cross something off!

6.  My favorite tv shows are Glee, Dancing with the Stars, Modern Family and The Bachelor.  LOVE THEM!

7.  I graduated college almost four years ago and have been looking for a teaching job ever since.  In the past four years, I have applied for over 900 positions and gotten...are you ready for this?  ONE INTERVIEW!  While this is incredibly frustrating, I know I will be a good teacher and I'm not giving up!  I WILL find a teaching job!

I'm not sure who has already received this award but I'm passing it onto:

If you haven't checked out their blogs yet, you definitely should!  Thanks again to Kim for the award! :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back to blogging! Been missing your posts! Can't wait to hear what you've been up to!

    Thanks for the sweet award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thanks so much for your sweet comment :) and for the award! I just did one of these awards and don't want to completely bore my readers or I would do it again for tomorrow haha but I definitely appreciate it!! 8 miles from mall of america?! OH MY! you are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award!!

    ReplyDelete