Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ahhhhh, it's the weekend!

I'd like to retract my previous statement.  Apparently, it can get colderLike -22 degrees colder and let's face it, that doesn't even factor in the wind!  Again, why do we live here?

So.......weekend plans!  Can I just say that today is the FIRST day I have had off since New Year's Day?  After working 19 STRAIGHT days at a combination of three jobs, I am thrilled that I have today off.  No, actually, thrilled doesn't even begin to describe it.  I'm esctatic! 

So, what have I done with my day so far?  SLEPT IN!  I'm sad to say that I got home from work last night, promptly changed into comfy clothes, made dinner and a drink (trust me, you would have too if you had that day I did!) and fell asleep on the couch.  By 8:30.  Yep, I'm proud!  After putting myself to bed at 9, I slept for the next twelve glorious hours.  And let me just say, it was Fab.u.lous!  Catching up on sleep is truly a perfect way to start a weekend! 

I have also called and caught up with my best friend, whom I have not spoken with for over a month.  Isn't it sad how life can get in the way of good friends?  Now, I'm enjoying a cup o'cafe and contemplating taking a shower.

Other plans for the weekend:

*  Lunch with Morgan (the work bff)
*  making a batch of cheesy potato soup to freeze
*  laundry
*  Meeting my new baby cousin
*  work meeting on Sunday (totally ruining a perfect weekend off!)
*  getting some vitamin D (aka....tanning)

It's shaping up to be a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment