Friday, January 7, 2011

A little ironic?

The radio station I listen to in the mornings does a segment called the "five-o'clock funnies" every morning.  Basically, they take 20-30 second clips of various comedians doing part of their routine.  As I woke up this morning, I heard someone talking about whispering.  It went something to the extent of this:

Isn't whispering weird and sorta creepy?  I mean really, a person can exclaim in a normal voice "I love kids" and no one thinks anything of it.  But now picture that same proclaimation in a whisper and you've got a serious creeper on your hands!

After hearing this, I got up for the day and promptly realized that I had lost my voice and would be whispering ALL. DAY. LONG.  To children.  Those of us who work with children know this:  the voice is the best tool!  Without a voice, the day can be pure chaos!  There's something about the teacher not having a voice that brings the NAUGHTY right out of children.  Fortunately, I got lucky.  It wasn't as chaotic today as I assumed it would be but it was still tough-going.  Here's to the weekend being here where I only have to work one job and can catch up on sleep a little bit.  Because really, being sick just sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment